Download from Toyota.comManual Description
Cleaning and protecting vehicle exterior, perform the following to protect the vehicle maintain it, ● Working from top to bottom, liberally apply water vehicle, body, wheel wells and underside of the vehicle remove any dirt.
● Wash the vehicle body using a sponge or soft cloth, such, ● For hard-to-remove marks, use car wash soap rinse thoroughly, ● Wax the vehicle when waterproof coating deteriorates, if water does not bead on a clean surface, apply wax when vehicle.
● Fold the mirrors and remove the antenna before washing vehicle, washing from the front of the vehicle, and extend mirrors before driving, ● Brushes used in automatic car washes may scratch vehicle surface.
● Before using the car wash, check that the fuel filler door your vehicle, ● Remove any dirt immediately by using a neutral detergent, use the same mild detergent and wax as used paint, driving for long distance hot weather.
● Wash detergent from the wheels immediately after use, do not scrub with abrasive cleaners, do not apply water to the inside of the engine compartment, exhaust gases cause the exhaust pipe become quite hot.
When washing the vehicle, be careful not to touch the pipe until it has, cooled sufficiently, as touching hot exhaust pipe can cause burns, to prevent paint deterioration and corrosion on the body and components (aluminum wheels, etc, ● Wash the vehicle immediately following cases.
After driving near sea coast, if dead insects, insect droppings or bird droppings present, after driving in an area contaminated with soot, oily smoke, mine dust, if the vehicle becomes heavily soiled with dust mud.
If liquids such as benzene and gasoline are spilled paint surface, ● To prevent the wheels from corroding, remove any dirt and store place, with low humidity when storing wheels, this may damage the surfaces lights.
Wax may cause damage lenses, ● Before driving, ensure that antenna installed, ● When the antenna is removed, such as before entering an automatic car, wash, make sure to store it in a suitable place so as not lose it.
Before driving, make sure to reinstall the antenna its original position, cleaning and protecting vehicle interior, the following procedures will help protect your vehicle's interior, remove dirt and dust using a vacuum cleaner.
With a cloth dampened with lukewarm water, ● Remove dirt and dust using vacuum cleaner, ● Wipe off any excess dirt and dust with a soft cloth dampened with, use a diluted water solution of approximately 5% neutral wool detergent.
● Wring out any excess water from the cloth thoroughly wipe off, ● Wipe the surface with a dry, soft cloth remove any remaining, ● Remove loose dirt using vacuum cleaner, ● Apply a mild soap solution to the synthetic leather using sponge.
● Allow the solution to soak in for a few minutes, wipe off the solution with clean, damp cloth, toyota recommends cleaning the interior of the vehicle at least twice year, maintain the quality vehicle's interior.
There are several commercial foaming-type cleaners available, or brush to apply the foam, wipe dirty surfaces and let them dry.